Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 87

Author Topic: Ranting About Nothing Important  (Read 44643 times)

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
Re: Ranting About Nothing Important
« Reply #1065 on: July 16, 2017, 10:12:42 AM »

The Rodeo queen is the ambassador of the sport. Even if she barrel races or goat ropes they have more time to spend with the fans than the riders and ropers. I was pulled out of a wreck at 16 by a guy that is now in the Cowboy Hall of Fame in Ok. City, Ok. Bull fighter Quail Dobbs. Lori met him at a rough stock event held here right after we got engaged. By right after I mean the following weekend. Till then I think she was a little sceptical that I actually rode bareback for a couple summers.  It takes a lot longer to get ready to ride than most would think. And everyone helps each other. You will see a prayer group session. Riders helping each other tape and wrap up various joints of legs and arms. Sleeves had to be rolled down and buttoned back then and we did not have flak jackets.
 Back then the official PRCA rule book was smaller than a readers digest. Hell it fit in a shirt pocket. I recently read it is now 600 pages long. Col. to get the full experience Y'all need to sit as close to the chutes as possible. Hear the riders exchange tips on how a bull starts it's run, wheather it turns left or right first, runs some or bucks or, rears right out of the chute. Also you can experience fresh bull :poop flying into your cup of beer too  :eek:

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 PGRNY9 RIDING IN MEMORY OF DAD USN AM CHARLES JENKINS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
  • It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #1066 on: July 16, 2017, 02:41:01 PM »

"Rough Stock"!  That is what they called it.  I forgot the lingo.

No, I am just fine sitting high up above the flying shit & snot - thanks anyways.
Keeping a list, and checking it twice, of those to visit during the 2nd American Revolution.

Who is Indrid Cold?

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 16, 2017, 04:12:29 PM »

Urbanite!  O0.
Anyway in the real world. Roping, bull doggin' and, BBl. racing are all timed events. All about the speed and in BBl. racing not knocking over any BBls.
 Rough stock gets points like Olympic events in thirds. 1 third overall ride. 1 third for manouvers and such of the stock. And the last 3rd for rider style points. The bareback I did they want to see you stretched out over the back of the horse and spurring from whithers down to the cinch. If you can swing your legs wide it will get you more points. That is where bat wing chaps come in. They are wide and unfastened below the knees so flap wildly.
 1 cheat was to soak the chaps in bull riding and saddle bronc. The heavy wet leather lowered your center of gravity.
 sadly only 1 picture of me ever existied. Southern, Va. A paint bucked me off.If you knew my gear you might know it was me but a going away shot just before I got throwed. I think My sister had it. i know it was at dads funeral because he took the shot and was my support for my attempt to be a "real Rodeo Star" , it was the only ride  [attempt at least] that Mom ever watched. Never before or after would she enter the stands till the bareback event was over.
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #1068 on: July 17, 2017, 12:32:05 AM »

Soooo, I got 'carded' this evening.

I am 51.  I haven't shaved in a couple of days.  My nasty beard grows in so slowly that I only need to shave twice a week anyways.  And that was yesterday but I didn't do it.  Although I have a thick mop of dark hair on my scalp, the growth upon my face and inside my nose is gray & silver. 

So there I am at the market getting a bottle of shellac.  The checker has just stepped in to replace one going out.  She hasn't looked up at me or greeted me at all before she begins to ring out my purchase.  She automatically asks to see my ID.

Right now I have a temporary drivers license while my permanent one is in the mail.  This is a B & W 8.5" x 11" printout that says in bold letters at the top, "NOT A VALID FORM OF IDENTIFICATION".  I pull this out of my wallet, unfold it, and hand it over to her.

She takes the paper without looking at me.  She reads it over very closely.  Then she picks up the phone and presses one button and hangs up the phone again.  The store manager magically appears as if he popped up out of a hole in the floor!  She hands him my temp. DL and whispers at him. 

The manager looks at it, then he looks at me.  Next he says to her, "Why are you carding this man?  He has a gray beard and if you look at his customer record (I have the store 'coupon card' and provide this at the beginning of the transaction by typing my phone number on a keypad) you will see he is close to triple the minimum age limit!"

This is the very first time she actually looks at me and is absolutely stunned.  I could have been a space alien or three headed monster but she would not have notice until this very moment.  The manager hands back my temp. ID and walks away.  The checker finished the transaction but never spoke a word to me I am sure because she was still wondering how I aged from 16 to 51 without her noticing.
Keeping a list, and checking it twice, of those to visit during the 2nd American Revolution.

Who is Indrid Cold?

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 17, 2017, 05:45:41 PM »

Blinded by your beauty!  :eek:
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Israel Survival Updates
« Reply #1070 on: July 19, 2017, 08:44:03 PM »

The 146th Open Championship 1st group off the 1st tee starts at 0135 my time - just under 5 hours from this posting.

15+ hours of live competition coverage each of the first two rounds, plus pre (0000 Hours)-and-post round (90+ minutes) live coverage (interviews, etc).

After the cut is made, Saturday and Sunday pre-and-live competition coverage starts at 0430 my time and continues through the last group walking off the 18th green, approximately 12 hours later..... then post-round coverage until the hosts fall asleep on air.

Links golf at one of the finest courses on our planet - Royal Birkdale Golf Club, Southport, England.

By Sunday late afternoon, I shall thoroughly enjoy being a ragged, coffee-fueled madman.    :cool:

« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 08:46:09 PM by Kenny Solomon »
"I'm ordering our bombers back to 'fail-safe'.  We might have to go through this thing after all." ..... Gen. Beringer, NORAD, Wargames 1983

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #1071 on: July 19, 2017, 08:54:13 PM »

Don't forget to breath!

Who is Indrid Cold?

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 20, 2017, 02:02:24 AM »

"I'm ordering our bombers back to 'fail-safe'.  We might have to go through this thing after all." ..... Gen. Beringer, NORAD, Wargames 1983

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #1073 on: July 20, 2017, 05:14:58 PM »

I fire DirecTV and switch to Dish.

DirecTV refunds the remainder of my balance in the form of a pre-paid debit card.

I have to call to have the card activated.  I must enter the card number, my zip code, the three digit security code, and the card expiration date before anything else can proceed.

Then I have to end that call and call back to set the card PIN number.  Again, I must enter all the same information as above before I can set the PIN.  The call is automatically terminated without providing any options to check the balance.

I have to call back, enter all that  :poop for a third time, just to check the balance!

Dish sends me a pre-paid debit card as part of their promotion package I took advantage of when I switched to Dish.

Its the same provider as DirecTV used.

I have to go through all of that aaa-gain!

I just spent a solid 30 minutes punching numbers on the handset...

:bk

Who is Indrid Cold?

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 21, 2017, 09:40:51 AM »

I got lucky with my a/c - again.

Wasn't the underground coolant line..... yet.   Simple fix - again - with no parts needed - again.

If/when that coolant line eventually does go t's-up, it's one of the three things not covered under the service contract (and no company covers that underground coolant line - none), the cost right now is about $2,500, which includes restoration of the exterior and interior walls and whatever they have to do in the 1st floor unit below mine..... ugh.  I've seen what has to be done.  Not fun for the techs.

We'll leave it at saying it's bad design in not considering post-build work that will - not may - will be needed at some point to almost every unit in each building - 60 condos per building (4 floors, 15 per floor).

That's not what I'm on about here - I was just counting my blessings - again.

What's bugging the eff outta me right now is I have to take Monday off for AT&T.

Yesterday (Thursday), I had to take the afternoon off  - no issue whatsoever - for the a/c diagnosis, all the while, crossing my fingers, toes and eyes it wasn't the underground line.  While I was waiting for my a/c tech, I saw some AT&T personnel walking around the building across from the front of mine.  Looked like they were putting something on every door.  I'm figuring it's some sort of planned outage notice, or something like that.

Nope.

I don't have AT&T service.  I don't want AT&T service.  In fact, I don't want anything to do with AT&T.

Nudge.

They're bringing in fiber to each unit, getting rid of the individual unit main copper line.  This is happening whether or not you have their service, whether or not you want their service, or whether or not you want nothing to do with them.

If I'm not home, "somebody" will let AT&T into my condo for them to..... I know where the main in is - they're more than likely gonna have to cut a wall to pull fiber the right way - and that's not just in my unit.

I make a phone call to my subdivision's main office, ask for whoever's in charge of coordinating the 'upgrade'.

I have a few questions.

Surprise, surprise, somebody actually is a point person - there's two actually - and they both know what's goin..... oh.

Question one:  Is full restoration included in whatever they're doing if it involves cutting a wall, etc. ?

Answer from both:  "I don't know."   Nothing else, just that.

I almost expected that exact answer, so I wasn't in the least be aggravated, just saddened that I had to think in that manner beforehand.

My response to Mrs. Muckenfuss and Mr. Fussmucker (not their real names):   'Please take down my phone number - xxx.xxx.xxxx - and when you find out - and I expect and answer by th - no, wait - I don't expect anything, as a unit owner, I demand an answer to that question by the close of business tomorrow (Friday) on just what kind of nudge is being foisted on the owners and residents of our association and subdivision.'     And I hung up.

I didn't even bother to ask the other two-part question I had...... Will the "somebody" letting AT&T personnel into my home be a) a subdivision employee, b) a security staff member, or c) an h.o.a. director, or d) just a "somebody" off the street..... Will this "somebody" be bonded ?

..... and then I would have gone into my having a very high-end camera system (with audio) in the unit and any motion, door and window opening triggers recording at real-time, including a 'pop-up' on my phone and I'd be watching every move the "somebody" and AT&T personnel make anywhere in my home and yes, there's an off-site secondary recording of it all.

I'll be home all day Monday.   But at least I can "vpn" into my office network to take care of anything that pops up.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 09:45:13 AM by Kenny Solomon »

Lew

• Always Watching
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 21, 2017, 02:26:28 PM »

Oi vey!
Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation, for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

"In God we Trust.  All others, we watch."

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #1076 on: July 21, 2017, 03:11:53 PM »

When we were shopping for our first home we looked at getting a condo.  This was CA in 1992.  Blew our minds!  Back then, in CA, an apartment "Renter" has more rights and privacy of their residence than the "OWNER" of a condo unit! 

Who is Indrid Cold?

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #1077 on: July 23, 2017, 10:17:40 PM »

Something ain't right about how the car handles but I can't pinpoint exactly what it is.  When I stop for fuel I walk around the car but do not see anything out of place.  I feel the wheel hubs and they are all the same temperature.  Then I feel the tire treads and find the front tires are warmer than the rear tires.  I take the car in to have the wheel alignment checked.  Turns out the front right tie rode end is broken and just a hair of metal away from coming apart!  They can fix it while I wait.

It'll take an hour or so, I walk down a couple blocks to get coffee and wait in an air conditioned McDonald's.  I have a book to read, a large coffee, and a small table in the corner where I can keep an eye on all the doors as well as the street and parking lot through the windows.  A john in his 60's comes in, looks around, is really annoyed at me for sitting at the corner table, then drops his stuff (small duffle bag of dildos and strap-ons I assume) at an adjacent booth to my right.  He goes up to order and is reading the order from his phone - text message I assume.  He gets the order, sits at the booth, then composes and sends a text message.  After he puts his phone away he pulls out some folded cash, $20's, and stuffs it into the sack of food.  A minute later a hooker comes in, looks around, walks up to 'our' corner and looks at the both of us.  I'm holding up a book and all I have is a cup of coffee, he has a sack of food laced with cash and is wagging his tail like a puppy in the window!  She turns to him and says, "Soooo, you must be the guy I'm meeting?"  I  :poop you not - can't make this stuff up - its like an unbelievable movie dialog.  The entire place gets quiet and everyone looks.  Then she suddenly realizes what she just did and now gets really discrete.  She sits and he hands her the sack and asks if she would like a drink.  She says yes and he goes to get her a drink.  While he does this she counts the money and stashes it up the leg of her shorts someplace.  He comes back with her drink and she is grazing like a starved elephant.  He tries to make small talk and she replies while chewing - priceless class!  At least she didn't look too bad - most of them are pretty gross.  When she is finished he leaves first and she watches him get into his car, back out of his parking spot, and this is when she gets up and goes to the door.  As he is pulling up she is stepping out and just slips into his passing car - he must not have been stopped more than two seconds.  This way they both arrive and leave separately but it cracks me up because there are cameras everyplace anyways.

Show is over, coffee is gone, my phone rings, the car is fixed way earlier than expected.

PS  When The Boy is away at college, if he ever needs money, this is exactly how I am going to deliver it to him.  Might as well get the rumors going early...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 10:22:51 PM by Col. Craig »

Who is Indrid Cold?

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 24, 2017, 05:02:16 PM »

PS  When The Boy is away at college, if he ever needs money, this is exactly how I am going to deliver it to him.  Might as well get the rumors going early...

Three words:    Vid Eee Yo.     >:D

Aussie Bloke!

• Foreign Correspondent
  • Life Member: NRA SSAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 25, 2017, 05:34:59 PM »

G'day everyone,....

G'day everyone,...

Seriously,  check in your pocket for my shooters licence because for the life of me I can't find it!
Its with my SSAA membership card and NRA membership card,....
All currently missing,...

:mad:

Aussie.

Ok,...

I found it!

It was in my scanner, I had to copy a club renewal form and payment receipt and my SSAA membership card.

Looks like my shooters licence is due for renewal this Sept.

sigh,... its always something,....

Aussie.
A free man can walk with a rifle,...                                                                                                        
A Subjugated  man is esscorted by a rifle,...

Which are YOU?

I survived the Tyrany of a Traitor called Jack Boot Johny.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 87