Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Illinois.  (Read 10019 times)

Barry in IN

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Illinois.
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2017, 08:52:27 PM »

Yup.  IL will be the first to fall only because there was less to bleed than the others. 
Seeing the world through a rose colored bombsight.

Who is John Galt?

Can't we all just get a long gun?

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Israel Survival Updates
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2017, 10:43:38 AM »

Dear Contractor:

We can't pay you a cent anymore.  Sorry.

Contracts, schmontracts, but you still have to pay your unionized employees.

Nudge.

Sincerely,

Illinois.

Think that's nothing more than snark ?

Illinois is not in danger of becoming a failed state, it is a failed state.

MishTalk - 14 June 2017  ---  The State of Illinois has not passed a budget for close to three years.  Arguably it’s just as well because Illinois budgets for decades have been nothing but a moth-eaten collection of lies, one time deficits repeated endlessly, and financial wizardry statements designed to disguise Illinois’ real problems:  Failure to rein in spending coupled with a very business unfriendly environment.  As Illinois’ bond rating careens towards junk, Illinois Unpaid Bills Jumped to $14.3 Billion.

Today, the state told contractors to halt roadwork other than that required for safety.

"I'm ordering our bombers back to 'fail-safe'.  We might have to go through this thing after all." ..... Gen. Beringer, NORAD, Wargames ©1983

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2017, 02:34:51 PM »

Illernoise Democrats to Clinton-appointed way-left federal judge Joan Lefkow:  We have no money to pay anything.

Clinton-appointed way-left federal judge Joan Lefkow to Illernoise Democrats:  Hold my beer, watch this.

Federal judge:  Cash-strapped state must pay more toward medical bills.

Springfield, Illinois - The Chicago Tribune {Ed. Note:  a.k.a. yet another typical Democrat Party agenda-nudger} - 30 June 2017  ---  U.S. District Judge Joan Lefkow's ruling came after lawyers representing Medicaid patients and attorneys for the state were unable to agree on a plan to deal with bills and pay down a $3 billion backlog owed to health care providers.

Clinton-Appointed Federal Judge Joan Humphrey Lefkow

The ruling requires the state to start promptly paying all new Medicaid bills, which is estimated at about $586 million per month, and to pay down $2 billion of its bill backlog in payments spread out over the course of the coming fiscal year.

Illinois Comptroller Susana Mendoza
{Ed. Note: Rabid Democrat} earlier in the week had offered to pay an additional $150 million per month, but the plaintiffs rejected it, saying it wasn't enough.

Illinois Comptroller Susan A. Mendoza, Democrat

Mendoza said Friday's ruling will cause her to cut payments to the state's pension funds, state payroll and/or payments to local governments.

Earlier this month, Judge Lefkow decided it was reasonable for Medicaid providers to expect their bills to be paid, if not in full, then enough to maintain patients' access to care.  The judge ordered the two sides to negotiate a payment plan.

{Ed. Note:  Hint:  The providers tried.  Illernoise Democrats didn't.}  .....and the lawyers representing Medicaid patients went back to court to ask the judge to compel the state to start making about $1 billion in monthly payments.

Judge Lefkow said she was bothered that "other people who are not as needy as these people are getting 100 percent" payment of their bills.  Judge Lefkow said she wasn't in favor of depriving workers of their salaries or skipping pension payments, but said the state "has a real problem explaining" how some people are being paid while others are not.

Well, I don't have any problem explaining which end is up:   Illernoise Democrats will only pay and do things for other Illernoise Democrats..... but only the proper type of Illernoise Democrats. ; especially in Chicagoland / Crook Cook County.   And their former lifeline - you know..... "help us Obamawan Kenyabi, you're our only hope for change" - Los Federales are now under at least some semblance of operational sanity.

I'll call what's about to happen in Illernoise a 'reverse nudge'.

In other words, hey Illernoise, you made your typical Democrat bed, now g'wan 'n git in it.

As for the citizens of Illernoise:  Y'all keep voting for the same people / the same kind of people, election after election..... and you expect what to happen differently ?

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 02:42:54 PM by Kenny Solomon »
"I'm ordering our bombers back to 'fail-safe'.  We might have to go through this thing after all." ..... Gen. Beringer, NORAD, Wargames ©1983

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2017, 03:06:07 PM »

Illinois is a major supplier of lic plates used on vehicles driven by Criminal Invaders here. I always called it the "Sick State".
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 PGRNY9 RIDING IN MEMORY OF DAD USN AM CHARLES JENKINS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Jeff Army vet

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2017, 06:17:32 PM »

Just raise taxes on business and the 1% to pay for this, until they all move out of the state, then raise taxed on the 2%, etc. until nobody has anything. They could be waiting for the rest of the country to elect a democratic president, house & senate to bail them out. My note for them: "Don't hold your breath."

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2017, 03:26:35 AM »

Democrats:  A 32% across-the-board state tax increase - all taxes.

Republican governor:  I'll say yes, but only if it's for a total of four years, then everything goes back to the current levels.

Democrats:  No.  Permanent.

The bill passed the Illinois State House 72-45.

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2017, 04:32:43 PM »

Y'all know weuin's is going to be stuck bailing out these corrupt Lib states.
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 PGRNY9 RIDING IN MEMORY OF DAD USN AM CHARLES JENKINS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2017, 05:37:56 PM »

Illinois Governor (semi-RINO) Bruce Rauner vetoed the state's House and Senate passed budget that would increase spending by more than the - get this - 32% across the board tax increase in the legislation.

So of course, the supermajority of typical Democrats in the Illinois State Senate over-rode the governor's veto.

The state will collapse soon.

It's kinda sorta maybe fitting that this happened on July 4th.

Pitchforks and torches ain't gonna cut it anymore.

Why do you think typical Democrats despise 2A ?

But it wouldn't surprise me one little bit if the people of Illinois do nothing, other than keep electing Democrats..... if they still have a state, that is.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 06:55:07 PM by Kenny Solomon »

Jeff Army vet

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2017, 06:46:19 PM »

I wonder how many people and businesses will be leaving IllNoise for places with no personal income tax, like Florida & Texas?  I guess there will be a real estate sales increase coming to these states.

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2017, 06:53:53 PM »

I wonder how many people and businesses will be leaving IllNoise for places with no personal income tax, like Florida & Texas ?  I guess there will be a real estate sales increase coming to these states.

....and those same people will bring their brand of neo-liberal insanity with them, thinking, "it'll work where I'm going, because where I was, they weren't serious about it".

No thanks.

Stay where they are and fix it - use what little 2A they have and truthfully, remove the cancer and set it right.

32% tax increase..... Springfield should be on fire already.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 06:56:46 PM by Kenny Solomon »

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2017, 04:55:11 PM »

Moody's Assigns Illinois To Full Review For Downgrade To Junk Status.

Why ?

Because Illernoise has zero real idea or actual direction or anything else in the mix on how to get anywhere near righting the ship.

Why ?

Because Democrats.

The full text of Moody's memorandum:

Moody's Investors Service has placed the general obligation rating of the State of Illinois, currently Baa3, under review for possible downgrade following the state's failure to fully enact a timely budget for the fiscal year that began July 1, and its failure to achieve broad political consensus on how to move toward balanced financial operations.

The review also applies to several related state debt ratings: the Baa3 assigned to sales-tax backed Build Illinois bonds and the Ba1 ratings assigned to Illinois subject-to-appropriation bonds, the convention center bonds issued by the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority and bonds issued under the state's Civic Center program.  Illinois has outstanding debt of about $32 billion, of which 82% is general obligation.

The state's government in recent days has made legislative progress towards a fiscal recovery plan based on permanent income tax rate increases, after going through two fiscal years without a complete budget in place.  The decision to place the state's ratings under review for downgrade incorporates our expectation that the legislature will implement revenue increases, overriding the governor's vetoes.

The review will provide a limited amount of time for the Illinois General Assembly to finish voting on the measures, and for assessment of the plan's credit implications.  The review process will also address the likelihood of further deterioration in Illinois' most pressing credit challenges:  Its severely underfunded pensions and a backlog of unpaid bills, which has doubled during the past year.

Despite the progress toward budget balance that the emerging fiscal plan embodies, the plan entails substantial implementation risk.  The governor yesterday vetoed the plan's revenue, spending and implementation legislation, citing a $2 billion current-year deficit and the plan's failure to incorporate proposals in areas such as workers compensation insurance reform and caps on local property taxes.

The plan's approval relied almost entirely on Democratic party support in the state's senate, and a vote to override the governor's vetoes of the measures has been deferred by the state's house of representatives. The plan therefore appears to lack broad bipartisan support, which may signal shortcomings in its effectiveness once implemented.  In addition, the state's baseline tax collections declined in fiscal 2017, suggesting that any tax increase may yield less revenue than anticipated in coming months.

So far, the plan appears to lack concrete measures that will materially improve Illinois' long-term capacity to address its unfunded pension liabilities.  A June 30 order from a federal judge that orders the state to accelerate payments owed to Medicaid managed care organizations and service providers casts doubt on the state's immediate ability to keep up with its statutory pension contribution schedule while also meeting obligations for debt service, payroll and school funding.

The state anticipates addressing its approximately $15 billion backlog of payments owed partly through a bond offering that probably will rank among the largest in the state's history.  This component of the state's broader fiscal plan leaves Illinois not only dependent on market access to ease liquidity pressures, but also facing a significant increase in its tax-supported debt burden.  Moreover, the effectiveness of the state's strategy to contain and reduce its deferred bills, once the backlog-financing debt has been issued, remains to be seen.

Barry in IN

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2017, 05:26:38 PM »

This is real.  It was sent by a person whose name I just forgot.   He might be in Chicago PD, but I forgot.  Posted inside a Chicago police station:

Who is John Galt?

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
  • It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2017, 06:20:38 PM »

This is real.  It was sent by a person whose name I just forgot.   He might be in Chicago PD, but I forgot.  Posted inside a Chicago police station:

Barry, only YOU can see that image, not the rest of us.  Can you host the image someplace else, like right here on TASG so it will share, please?
Keeping a list, and checking it twice, of those to visit during the 2nd American Revolution.

Who is Indrid Cold?

Barry in IN

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2017, 11:08:18 PM »

That's right, Photobucket ended free sharing July 1.    Crap.  Now I have to do something all computery and stuff.  That's hard. 

In the meantime, it was a picture of a notice taped to the wall in the station saying this:

Effective today (29 June 2017) we will not be getting anymore traffic citation books (movers).  The company that distributes them to the city is out and has no projected time of getting anymore.  This is city wide so no other districts will be getting them either.  So please be mindful and use sparingly, all we have left is all we will getting for a long while.  Please keep this in mind in your VRI activity. Thank you. 

I doubt this needs translated.  The company that makes them isn't going to make more until they get paid.  And dat ain't hap'nin.

How much fun will it be when they can't get gas for the patrol cars?   Or worst of all, make payroll?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:12:00 PM by Barry in IN »

Who is John Galt?

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2017, 06:08:24 AM »

Barry, there's nothing anywhere about that citation book thing.

I'd be very surprised if the city still has a manual system, other than for emergency backup - every decent-size city is using a fully electronic system with in-unit printers.

As for the state, the budget is now real and in effect, retroactive to 1 July.

The Illinois State House voted yesterday (6 July) to override Governor Rauner's veto.

Moody's, gotta love 'em, said the new budget kicks an almost totally rusted and deteriorated can not just down the road a bit more, but directly onto a crowded interstate with nothing but 20-ton tracked vehicles passing at high speed.   Review is now taking place to downgrade the state to 'junk' status.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7