Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Misconceptions, Myths, and Downright Stupid Ideas  (Read 4014 times)

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
Re: Misconceptions, Myths, and Downright Stupid Ideas
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2017, 04:57:03 PM »

No not at all but near to my .357 mags.
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 PGRNY9 RIDING IN MEMORY OF DAD USN AM CHARLES JENKINS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Barry in IN

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2017, 04:17:41 AM »

This is not exactly a myth, but it is something I'm tired of hearing.

"The underrated, unappreciated, forgotten, .41 Magnum."

Please stop. Maybe once upon a time it lived in the shadow of others, but it has plenty of fans now.  I grew up with gun magazines running regular articles telling us we didn't like it, and it seemed silly then.  It's gotten a lot more popular since.

Four years ago, S&W started making an L-frame in .44 Magnum by making it a 5-shot and some other changes.  What did I read and hear?  "Dang, if they'd have made it in a .41 Mag, I'd get one today!"

Ruger did the same with the GP-100 last year, making a 5-shot .44 Spl.   Same thing.  "If they'd have made it in .41..."

Marlins have been crap since Remington took over.  What do people still ask for?   .41 Magnums.

It doesn't seem to be the case with Ruger SAs, but if a shop gets a S&W .41 in, it will sell before a .44 or .357 in the same N frame.

And if you haven't been in the gun shop or range with Mr .41 Guy, you haven't been in a while.  He will be sure to let you know the .41 Magnum will deliver as much energy as a .44 Mag, with a flatter trajectory, and 40% less recoil.  Those numbers will vary, however.  The flatter trajectory part IS true, but only by a little and when both are loaded close to the ragged edge.

And let me tell there are a lot of Mr .41 Guys out there.  Some have even owned a .41.

No, there is no shortage of .41 fans out there.  I'm one myself, but I sure don't claim to be alone. 
Seeing the world through a rose colored bombsight.

Who is John Galt?

Can't we all just get a long gun?

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Israel Survival Updates
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2017, 06:50:01 AM »

I grew up with gun magazines running regular articles telling us we didn't like it, and it seemed silly then.

A lot of that going on lately.

But not firearms publications.

Media/politicians/'smart' people telling you what you like and don't, what you need and don't, what your rights should be, etc.

"I'm ordering our bombers back to 'fail-safe'.  We might have to go through this thing after all." ..... Gen. Beringer, NORAD, Wargames 1983
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]