Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: You can't fix stupid.  (Read 15323 times)

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Israel Survival Updates
You can't fix stupid.
« on: August 26, 2010, 09:20:08 AM »

I figured it's about time something like this starts here at T.A.S.G.

We'll make this an ongoing thread.

First up:  PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Two men arrested in Oregon for shoplifting during a "Shop With a Cop" event for school children  initially thought it was a bad time for stealing—with more than 60  uniformed officers on scene.

But Portland Sgt. Pete Simpson says the two gave it some more thought and decided police would be distracted so it would be a good time to steal.

They were wrong.

Store security officers at the Fred Meyer store weren't caught off guard  Wednesday. Simpson says security watched the two young men packing  their own backpacks with blenders, shoes, clothes and tools while  officers helped children pick out supplies for the school year.

The Oregonian says the two were then arrested.  

=================

Morons in a shop.

Over 60 L.E.O.'s are there with said morons.

Morons decide to steal.

Those blenders stuffed in morons' backpacks....... Drop morons in 'em....... Switch on.
"I'm ordering our bombers back to 'fail-safe'.  We might have to go through this thing after all." ..... Gen. Beringer, NORAD, Wargames ©1983

Josh in TX

• View Profile
Re: You can't fix stupid.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 06:03:48 PM »

It's true that you can't fix stupid. However, I suspect you could cure it with a prescription for 230 grains of JHP.
"As He died to make men holy, let us die to make them free."

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 07:08:48 AM »

North Carolina man waiting for 'ghost train' killed by real train.

Statesville, N.C. (AP) - Authorities say a  man who was waiting with several friends for a "ghost train" from a  North Carolina legend was killed when a real train came down the tracks.

Iredell County Sheriff Phil Redmond says 29-year-old Christopher Kaiser of Charlotte as killed about 2:45 a.m. Friday as he waited with friends at a  railroad trestle. Redmond says witnesses said about 12 people were on  the trestle hoping to see a ghost train when the real train rounded a  bend.

Everyone but Kaiser was able to clear the tracks at the end of the trestle. The train struck Kaiser, who was thrown into a ravine.

The legend developed from a train wreck on Aug. 27, 1891, that killed  about two dozen people and injured many others. Folklore Web sites claim  the accident can be heard on each anniversary.

============

"I done a good thing - I caught a train !   All by myself, I caught a train, I did !"
"I'm ordering our bombers back to 'fail-safe'.  We might have to go through this thing after all." ..... Gen. Beringer, NORAD, Wargames ©1983

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 09:11:37 AM »

Alcohol had to be involved or other mind altering substances.
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 PGRNY9 RIDING IN MEMORY OF DAD USN AM CHARLES JENKINS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
  • It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 03:35:42 PM »

This happens more often than you'd think.  A RR trestle is not a pedestrian crossing so thus a rather difficult structure to traverse on foot.  Knuckleheads get out in the center of the span then get caught up in the event which causes them to stop.  Then along comes a train.  There is no obvious place to step aside or otherwise duck except for an occasional dugout built just for this purpose which most people are not aware of.  This leaves two obvious choices, jump off the bridge or run to the nearest side.  Try running the span of a RR trestle bridge and you'll get a mouth full or rails & ties at best and perhaps a broken ankle & arm too.  I think any adult pedestrian who gets hit and killed by a train has done the rest of us a favor.
Keeping a list, and checking it twice, of those to visit during the 2nd American Revolution.

Who is Indrid Cold?

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 04:17:20 PM »

I realize that. But as a teen the local pot heads used to hang out on the trestle here. until 1 got smeared all over it.
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 10:23:06 PM »

Don't be drinkin' or eatin' anythin' when y'all click on the 'surprise' link below.........  I will NOT be held responsible for shorted out and/or messed up keyboards, monitors, computers and/or laptops.

Hint:  This year's winner is a repeat offender - won last year too - Mr.  Sylvain “Günther Love” Quimene from France.

S U R P R I S E  !!!

Don't hate me.  I'm just the messenger.  ;)

W.F. Brody III

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 11:13:31 PM »

I'd call that RR incident a "Darwin Lecture".  Graded pass/fail.  He failed, and removed from the gene pool that case of abject idiocy ( I hope)

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 01:22:32 AM »

Kenny, in the spirit of 'Air Guitar' maybe we should start up a 'Finger Pistol' shooting contest?
Keeping a list, and checking it twice, of those to visit during the 2nd American Revolution.

Who is Indrid Cold?

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 05:10:35 AM »

Quote from: Craig;1234
Kenny, in the spirit of 'Air Guitar' maybe we should start up a 'Finger Pistol' shooting contest?

Good idea, but we'd all be brought to the principal's office, suspended, mandated to psychological testing and put on the list as 'dangers to others' / 'prone to violence'.

:cool:

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 05:20:23 PM »

Beau Coup Dinky Dau!
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 05:47:51 AM »

Snohomish man shoots himself in the arse.

PESHASTIN — A Snohomish man accidentally shot himself in his left buttock Saturday when he put a handgun in his back pocket.

Darrel Elam, 52, was preparing to go hiking on Blewett Pass and had  moved his 40-caliber Smith & Wesson handgun from its holster to his  back pocket to see if that position would be more comfortable for  walking, said Jerry Moore, chief of administration for the Chelan County  Sheriff’s Office.

The gun discharged and shot down his left buttock and left leg, coming to rest just above his knee.

Elam was treated at Central Washington Hospital and released, a  hospital spokeswoman said. The incident happened on Blewett Pass about  12 miles from Peshastin.

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 11:01:33 AM »

Genius

Who is Indrid Cold?

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 04:28:35 PM »

That's gonna leave a mark
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10