Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Chip McCormick Custom Acquired by Wilson Combat  (Read 27 times)

Barry in IN

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Chip McCormick Custom Acquired by Wilson Combat
« on: January 05, 2018, 08:30:56 AM »

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/04/chip-mccormick-custom-wilson-combat/amp/

Damn. 
I've always liked CMC "match grade" mags as a general use practice mag.  They weren't the best, but plenty good for practice, matches, and general goofing around.  And the price was right.

When they came out with the Power Mags ten or so years ago, I liked them better than any others, including the much-bragged about Wilsons.   Wilsons are good, but I've had the occasional gun that doesn't get along with them- usually something I'd consider a secondary function like failing to lock open when empty.  I've never had any problem on any gun with a CMC Power Mag.  They are also more rounded on the edges, which is important when carrying spares concealed. 

Now I won't be surprised to see Power Mags go away, and if the Match Grades don't go away, the price will increase. 
Damn.
Seeing the world through a rose colored bombsight.

Who is John Galt?

Can't we all just get a long gun?

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
  • It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
Re: Chip McCormick Custom Acquired by Wilson Combat
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 01:23:04 PM »

Or maybe this is how WC buys the technology to make CMC mags affordable and plentiful?
Keeping a list, and checking it twice, of those to visit during the 2nd American Revolution.

Who is Indrid Cold?