Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Cabela's & Customer Rewards  (Read 65 times)

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
  • It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
Cabela's & Customer Rewards
« on: December 31, 2017, 09:47:50 PM »

I forget when our local Cabela's opened but it was about 8 - 10 years ago.  I got a 'Cabela's Club Rewards Card' the first time I stepped in the new store during their grand opening event.  Form the very first day the card magnetic strip NEVER worked!  Every time I make a purchase the cashier has to try the strip three times or more before giving up and then entering the number by hand which is a difficult process about three layers deep in the checkout software.  Only the most experienced cashier knows how to do this so any other cashier has to call for help then wait.  My purchase always took double or longer time than everyone else. 

:mad:

I went to customer no-service to try to get a new card.  I was refused!  I asked them 'what if I lost the card - could I get it replaced?'  The answer is "Yes - with a Cabela's Visa card!"  But I don't want your 'Visa' card so then the answer is "No" - a Visa card is the only replacement option.  So my singular only option to get the burnt up magnetic strip Cabela's club card replaced is to upgrade to a Cabela's Visa credit card I don't want.

Today we go to Cabela's.  I don't know why.  Maybe I was thinking they might have something I want.  I did find a nice Cabela's brand 14" cast iron deep dish pan with lid that doubles as a shallow pan on sale for about $60, and, a 14" stainless steel spatter screen for about $10.

I go to pay.  Card reader will not read my club card - no surprise.  Cashier tells me the new hardware will not allow her to manually enter the club number.  This means I can NOT apply my club rewards credits towards the purchase, AND, the purchase will NOT get credited on to my rewards account!  So I ask her why I am shopping at Cabela's?  She tells me to go to the 'Club Rewards' counter with my receipt to get evened out.

So I go through with the purchase then lug all this cast iron to the 'Club Rewards' counter.  The guy there tells me he can look at my receipt and add that transaction value to my account.  I tell him I also want a refund on this purchase in the value of my existing rewards credits.  He says he can't do that and I will have to go to customer no-service to get a price correction.

Now I am standing in the customer no-service line holding this huge box of heavy cast iron.  The line is about 20 yards deep and there are only two people working the 8 customer no-service stations.  Eventually it is my turn.  I explain what my boggle is.  I am told for now on the only way I can make a purchase and use my club rewards, AND, get that purchase credited on my club account is to first pay at the normal check-out (because customer no-service can not handle a 1st time sale transaction) and then come to customer non-service where they will then give a full refund, then sell the item back to me at the appropriate price after adjusting for my club rewards credits.   And after that transaction is finished I will then have to go to the 'Club Rewards' counter to have that purchase credited towards my club account. 

Can you believe all that bullshit?

So I say, 'So the first thing we have to do is return all of this shit?'

Customer no-service, 'Yes'

Me, 'Do it!'

After it is all returned and refunded she shows me the receipt and I take it then say, "Thanks - Happy New Year!"  I toss my useless club card onto the returned items and walk away from it all.  The last thing I see is her reaching for a phone. 

20 Yards away, near the rear of the line to customer no-service, I make the bend to leave the store which takes me right past the 'Club Rewards' desk I was at just a short 30 minutes ago.  This guy is hanging up a phone and then nearly jumps the counter to ask me, "Sir, is there a problem?"

I replied, "Not anymore and thanks for the tip!" 

At the front doors the store security is looking for the cue to jump me but by the time I got to them they just stepped aside and I walk out. 

I don't know if I will ever go back.  Maybe soon it'll be a "Bass Pro Shop" and I'll go back to see if anything is different.

Lodge has nice cast iron...
Keeping a list, and checking it twice, of those to visit during the 2nd American Revolution.

Who is Indrid Cold?

Barry in IN

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cabela's & Customer Rewards
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 01:02:41 AM »

"Today we go to Cabela's.   I don't know why."

You were looking for a new trap gun.   You didn't know it, but you were.
Seeing the world through a rose colored bombsight.

Who is John Galt?

Can't we all just get a long gun?

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 03:07:40 AM »

Honestly I was sort of hoping the new PC9 would have been there.  But I did see some $8k trap guns in the Gun Library selling for about half of that... and a "Casual" model Tommy Gun for just $11k!
Keeping a list, and checking it twice, of those to visit during the 2nd American Revolution.

Who is Indrid Cold?

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 08:57:59 AM »

Sorry to hear that Col. Cabela's has always treated us well. Even when Master Chief's brother put the grinder together wrong [ screen plate backwards] and broke the auger. They just pulled up his account history and sent a free replacement part out over night. We were in the middle of butchering 3 deer at the time.
 We have been to Cabela's in Pa., Conn., S.D,. and Ak. Always had a good experience Lori uses the rewards card online with no problems. L.L. Bean is even better and we have never set foot in one.. Bass Pro. Been to Ft. Myers , the Grtand opening of Orlando, and Bridgeport, Conn. In Conn. due to state anti-gun law they would not sell me ammo. Lori buys most of her sneakers and all her hiking boots from these 3 retailers. All my flannel shirts and jeans come from L.L.Bean.
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 PGRNY9 RIDING IN MEMORY OF DAD USN AM CHARLES JENKINS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 01:13:12 PM »

I've only made a couple of on-line purchases and had no trouble with my club card.

But it use to be an in-store purchase took double the time or longer than anyone else and that was a big enough PITA to deal with.  Now they tell me with their new retail hardware and software and policies the only way they will work with me to use my club rewards will require I wait in three lines and probably take a half hour on a good day to complete the transaction.

Nope!

Who is Indrid Cold?

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 03:33:23 PM »

Last time we were in store was our last day in Alaska 2014.  :mad:
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 PGRNY9 RIDING IN MEMORY OF DAD USN AM CHARLES JENKINS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT