Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: U.S. Army PFC Robert Peter Williams ; 1927-2017  (Read 95 times)

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
U.S. Army PFC Robert Peter Williams ; 1927-2017
« on: October 24, 2017, 07:46:46 PM »

PFC Robert Peter Williams
30 November 30, 1927 October 24, 2017

United States Army
1945-1946 US Occupation of Germany

You know him better as.....

Robert Guillaume

a.k.a. Benson DuBois (Soap / Bernson) and Isaac Jaffe (Sports Night)

Always smilin', always made me laugh.  Sometimes went out of my way to watch his shows.

Col. Craig, your blimp is here !  :cool:

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
  • It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
Re: U.S. Army PFC Robert Peter Williams ; 1927-2017
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 07:54:44 PM »

I do not know if there is any truth to this or not, but it sounds reasonably plausible. 

After V.E. day there was a big push to move the combat experienced troops out of Europe and back to the States for a few reasons.  The most vocal reason is 'they earned it!'  The second reason is to get all of that combat experience lined up for the invasion of Japan (that never happened thanks to nuclear technology).  But there is a third reason for a quick switch out of the troops in Europe.  The idea was to get anyone with significant combat experience out of the job of occupation.  The reasons could be many but it seems the powers at be wanted to avoid any kind of opportunity for hostility or payback between combat troops and those they are overseeing in Germany.  I am sure some WWII history professor has the details.  But this seems like a subject that doesn't get much discussion.
Keeping a list, and checking it twice, of those to visit during the 2nd American Revolution.

Who is Indrid Cold?

Barry in IN

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 08:41:46 PM »

Thanks for your service and the entertainment.   I'm looking across the room at season one DVD of Soap right now.  Great show, and he was a big reason.

He was older than I would've thought. 
Seeing the world through a rose colored bombsight.

Who is John Galt?

Can't we all just get a long gun?

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 04:44:49 PM »

Great actor.
Thanks for your service!
 Co. I don't know. Dad's future step Dad was a SSgt. 4th inf. Also a member of the Army baseball team. You know with Ted Williams and such. Broke his ankle 2 weeks before D day. Joined the unit about the liberation of Paris. Fought across Europe. part of the 1st units to cross the Rhine. Pulled back to threaten the Germans during the Bulge. Later recrossed the Rhine. Was in Chechislovakia when the European conflict ended. Yet was in country till almost new years 1947. Learned all this after his death.
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 PGRNY9 RIDING IN MEMORY OF DAD USN AM CHARLES JENKINS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT