Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: My hovercraft is full of eels.  (Read 70 times)

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Israel Survival Updates
My hovercraft is full of eels.
« on: July 16, 2017, 08:12:15 AM »

Depoe Bay, Oregon - KOIN-TV6, CBS News - 13 July 2017  ---  Around 1:30 p.m., a northbound truck lost its contents and created quite a smelly scene on Highway 101 at milepost 131.

The truck driver, 59-year-old Salvatore Tragale of Lincoln City, was headed toward some roadway construction when he was flagged to stop.  But he couldn’t stop the truck and the 13 containers shifted weight and tipped.

“I don’t know if he didn’t see it or whatever but he kept coming and so to miss the ODOT truck, which was turning in front of him and he just whipped out and he did right in front of a car and so he lost one of the big tanks”, said Kevin White, whose car was among those damaged in the wreck.

".....lost one of the big tanks."

Uh oh.

The article's original headline:

7,500 pounds of hagfish, a.k.a. slime eels, spilled onto Highway 101 in Depoe Bay.

The updated headline:   "It was liquid eels" as truck tips on Hwy 101.

Erina Butler, who was in the front passenger seat of an oncoming car, said she saw the truck, with bins stacked one on top of the other, shift.  “Our brains couldn’t process what was happening", but the bins tipped and “they just kept going, cascading, a domino effect over these poor cars.  It was liquid eel.”

"It was liquid eels" as truck tips on Hwy 101.    KOIN-TV6, CBS News, Oregon

"I'm ordering our bombers back to 'fail-safe'.  We might have to go through this thing after all." ..... Gen. Beringer, NORAD, Wargames ©1983

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
Re: My hovercraft is full of eels.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 09:37:12 AM »

Bottom feeding scavengers. What commercial value? fertilizer? If so why ship live?
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 PGRNY9 RIDING IN MEMORY OF DAD USN AM CHARLES JENKINS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Israel Survival Updates
Re: My hovercraft is full of eels.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 09:42:25 AM »

Bottom feeding scavengers. What commercial value? fertilizer? If so why ship live?

Export.

South Korea mostly.

"I'm ordering our bombers back to 'fail-safe'.  We might have to go through this thing after all." ..... Gen. Beringer, NORAD, Wargames ©1983