Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: A Barn Find 1980 Honda CX500 Delux is in my workshop... And a GL1100 Goldwing...  (Read 4561 times)

Barry in IN

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Snide comment deleted....

Yeah I've been doing that a lot here at home also.
Seeing the world through a rose colored bombsight.

Who is John Galt?

Can't we all just get a long gun?

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile

I stopped riding to work with my hours change. Too many deer run out in front of me. And you two have those taller black deer with the funny chin ornament to watch out for too.
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 PGRNY9 RIDING IN MEMORY OF DAD USN AM CHARLES JENKINS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Barry in IN

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

That's a hell of a good point.   One use I was thinking of for one was the gun club and 4-H Meetings and events I'm always running off to.  It's almost a given that I see deer on the way home from each and every one of those. 

Who is John Galt?

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile

Love to ride. Had a blast today even though I rode for a total of 17 vet's with no family to attend their funerals today. After wards I rode to a new gun and tackle store. Then to let the daughter's Jack Russell out. But, If I hit a large critter. Please let it be in a truck. Not on a scoot!
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
  • It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch

My plan was to go to bed early last night, sleep in, eat breakfast at home, then go for a ride when the sun has had time to warm things up.

That was the plan anyways...

About 1:30 am the power goes out.  I go around to all the UPS units in the house to shut them down. Then I go to the basement to shut off the freezer alarm.  I go back to bed but can't sleep. Without any lights or humming ceiling fans, the outdoors is a whole new world to the cats so they are running from window to window and every time they pass by each other in the hall at a full sprint it's a shocking surprise!

'Hiss, spit, growl!' (translation: Idiot! Watch where you are going! Outta my way! Butt- breath!)

At 3:30 am the power came back on and then the cats had to start over again.

I usually get up at 5:00 - 5:30 am and feed the cats... Which means I am not able to sleep in on my day off no matter how little sleep I got that night.  But The Boss fed them so she could sleep afterwords.

Then  the boys had to go out.

Then they had to come back inside.

Eventually everyone ends up asleep on the bed. Now I'm too hot so I start flinging cats off me.

At 9:30 am I give up all hope of getting a NY more sleep. I have breakfast then step outside. There was a freeze warning last night. The morning dew is still hanging on. I take my Jeep. I'm writing this from a donut shop. I f the sun is strong when I get home I might be able to make a so short ride today...
Keeping a list, and checking it twice, of those to visit during the 2nd American Revolution.

Who is Indrid Cold?

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch

What do ye'all think about common bib overalls as protective riding pants? 

I can get them in thick 'duck' cotton with a Teflon coating (water repellent) and zipper legs to get on/off over boots, for about $50.  The only catch is they only come in brown and a 32" inseam (on me a 36" inseam is a straight-leg and it takes a 38" inseam to get the legs to bunch up over top of my feet a little bit.  So as long as I like brown I will be ready to ride through deep water.  But for only $50 and easy on/off it seems like cheap riding pants to wear over my walk-around clothes.
Keeping a list, and checking it twice, of those to visit during the 2nd American Revolution.

Who is Indrid Cold?

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile

Spend the buck and get Carharts. I wear their jackets, parkas and , bibs through the cold weather. Even though I get threats of write ups and suspensions for not wearing company supplied... Lands End  :poop. Plus there is tan , black, dark brown etc. to choose from. Your warmth and ability to work the bike are more important than style!
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch

Spend the buck and get Carharts. I wear their jackets, parkas and , bibs through the cold weather. Even though I get threats of write ups and suspensions for not wearing company supplied... Lands End  :poop. Plus there is tan , black, dark brown etc. to choose from. Your warmth and ability to work the bike are more important than style!
Thanks.  I think I will do that instead of trying to save a buck on something that isn't going to fit right.

Who is Indrid Cold?

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch

Went for a ride today.

It was good!

Oh, man, I love EFI.  I haven't run the CTX since the first week of September.  She still has her OEM battery and it is showing age.  This morning when I went to start her up she cranked really slow in the 45F temperature.  I wasn't expecting to hear combustion happen.  But the instant the oil light went out the spark is turned on and then Shazam - purring away!

Who is Indrid Cold?

Aussie Bloke!

• Foreign Correspondent
  • Life Member: NRA SSAA
    • View Profile

G'day everyone,...

I have to say though I love the simplicity of Carburated engines I do love my Fireblade being fuel injected, the throttle response is incredible.

Aussie.
A free man can walk with a rifle,...                                                                                                        
A Subjugated  man is esscorted by a rifle,...

Which are YOU?

I survived the Tyrany of a Traitor called Jack Boot Johny.

Lew

• Always Watching
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

We went for one of the last bike rides of the season up here. We actually drove north towards the peak foliage with a destination in mind, Aimee wanted to see the house she grew up in. 

Eye candy.

One of the Highlights was stopping at and driving over a bridge that is 20 years older than my house.  Lovejoy Covered Bridge.

A short video of us crossing the bridge.

http://www.theamericansurvivalguide.com/smforum/MGalleryItem.php?id=445

(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation, for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

"In God we Trust.  All others, we watch."

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch

I bet that bridge has enough spiders in the rafters to cast an entire horror movie!

Who is Indrid Cold?

Barry in IN

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Nice scenery.  Cool plate.

Who is John Galt?

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Israel Survival Updates

Nice tag.

O0
"I'm ordering our bombers back to 'fail-safe'.  We might have to go through this thing after all." ..... Gen. Beringer, NORAD, Wargames 1983

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile

The split tips on the pipes are different!  :cool:
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25