Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ruger SR1911 in 10mm  (Read 84 times)

Barry in IN

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Ruger SR1911 in 10mm
« on: June 15, 2017, 09:47:20 AM »

They aren't making their usual big announcement for fear of being pounced on for yesterday's Sandernista shooting, but it is quietly slipping into the lineup. 

I'm going to repeat something I've told people who say the 10 is dead.  You can buy more different 10mm guns now then ever, and get a lot more brands and types of ammo, so please tell me more about it being dead.
Seeing the world through a rose colored bombsight.

Who is John Galt?

Can't we all just get a long gun?

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
Re: Ruger SR1911 in 10mm
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 04:42:54 PM »

Wow if they are half of the $ of a Delta Elite I may have to look. When we get cash flow back.
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 PGRNY9 RIDING IN MEMORY OF DAD USN AM CHARLES JENKINS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Barry in IN

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 06:34:18 PM »

I haven't looked, but heard they are already on GunBroker, with Buy It Now prices as low as $750.  That beats the snot out of my Delta:s price from a few years ago. 

My only gripe with the Ruger, aside from too much writing stamped into it, is the black controls. Either all blued or all stainless, please.   

Who is John Galt?

Barry in IN

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 08:52:24 AM »

Being a 10mm fan, any new 10mm has me interested so I'll follow it closer than most new toys.  Some more info is coming forth on this Ruger  10. 

The recoil spring is 18 lbs.  That's more or less standard.  Original is 16 lbs; 18.5 is fairly common on a lot of factory guns. 

For comparison, my Delta Elite has dual springs making 22 lbs.  Or so they say.  I've never tested it, but I'd guess its at least 22 lbs.  That's may not sound like much more than standard, but it's sure noticeable when doing a tap-rack-bang, for example.  I've wondered if it would make it any more sensitive to limp-wrist trouble.  I know nobody here would ever do that, but it may be hard to avoid if your wrist/hand/arm is injured, or you can't get behind the gun, or any number of reasons. 
When I replace recoil springs in any of my 1911s, I avoid extra power ones for this reason, but I change them more often than most (2,000 rds). 

So I think a 16 lb spring is a plus, if the gun can handle it.   Ruger's way of getting away with a 16 pounder was to use a heavy barrel and full length guide rod.   I don't like either on a 1911, but that's another topic.  Maybe it's worth it here.  The heavy barrel adds more weight to the locked barrel/slide when it's most important. 

Who is John Galt?

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
  • It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 11:11:53 AM »

Ye'all seen the hands I have to work with in various photos I've posted here.  I am right handed and thankfully my right hand is my strongest.  The grip of my right hand is about double of my left hand.  Not much I can do about that - I have tried for 25 years to even up my grip but it ain't going to happen.  Because of my hand injuries it takes everything I have to rack a standard 1911 in .45ACP.  I have lost count of all the cool & groovy semi-auto pistols I have had to leave on the gun store counter because I can not safely, reliably and confidently rack the slide. 
Keeping a list, and checking it twice, of those to visit during the 2nd American Revolution.

Who is Indrid Cold?

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Israel Survival Updates
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 01:05:21 PM »

Courtesy of Dan Zimmerman at The Truth About Guns:

MSRP $1019.00

Click here for the specs.

Press release:

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR) announces the introduction of the SR1911ģ in 10mm Auto. Hog hunters and aficionados of major power-factor cartridges will be glad to learn that Rugerís growing family of SR1911s will now include this full-size, stainless steel model.

The new SR1911 in 10mm Auto features the same Bomar-style adjustable sights as the SR1911 Target model. It also has a tight-fitting, bushingless bull barrel Ė a first for Ruger. The ramped barrel is black nitride coated to reduce the wear associated with hard-hitting 10mm Auto ammunition. Another first for Ruger, this model also utilizes a full-length steel guide rod for the recoil spring. The SR1911 in 10mm Auto has rubberized grip panels for extra control and comfort.

Ruger is already well known for producing some of the best quality 1911s on the market today.  Rugerís American-made, CNC-machined SR1911 comes fully equipped with upgraded features like Rugerís classic Series 70 design, a lowered and flared ejection port, titanium firing pin and a precision-machined bull barrel.  The SR1911 features an integral plunger tube, beaver-tail grip safety, extended magazine release, oversize thumb safety, skeletonized hammer and skeletonized aluminum trigger for fast, accurate shooting.

The new Ruger SR1911 in 10mm Auto features a 5″ barrel and weighs 40.4 oz. with an empty magazine.  It ships with two, 8-round magazines and a cable locking device.

For more information on the SR1911 in 10mm Auto or to learn more about the extensive line of award-winning Ruger firearms, visit Ruger.com or Facebook.com/Ruger.  To find accessories for Ruger firearms, visit ShopRuger.com or your local independent retailer of Ruger firearms.

"I'm ordering our bombers back to 'fail-safe'.  We might have to go through this thing after all." ..... Gen. Beringer, NORAD, Wargames ©1983

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 04:36:25 PM »

If I could get it $750 + reasonable shipping I would bite. But Guinness comes first.
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 PGRNY9 RIDING IN MEMORY OF DAD USN AM CHARLES JENKINS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT