Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Made a Bluetooth speaker for my wife for Mother's Day.  (Read 37 times)

Lew

• Always Watching
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Made a Bluetooth speaker for my wife for Mother's Day.
« on: June 15, 2017, 09:19:16 AM »

For Mother's Day this year I made a Bluetooth Speaker for my wife, Aimee.  I followed a Youtube video by Great Scott.  He also has an Instructables Page here.

I bought the parts from ebay listed on the Youtube description and when they arrived I got to work.

I designed an Autocad layout for the box design and used my Laser Cutter to cut out the parts.

I used a pair of dead computer speakers I had laying around.  I used both the fabric and the internal speaker and tossed the case.

I used a breadboard to test the circuits and verify function and then hot glued the components into the box I had made. It is a VERY tight fit and not pretty inside.  My speaker is MUCH smaller than his.  We use the speaker every day for at least 20 minutes a day and it has not needed a charge in the last 40 days.  The batteries have so much depth, I know I could have used only one for the project.  It charges with a standard USB phone charger and have a red light while charging and a blue light when done.  You can use the speaker while it is charging.  The speaker will easily change from my phone to her phone.  There is not as much base to the sound as I would like to have and I know the speaker really needs more empty air volume for a better sound.  I also should have separated the to speakers from each other for better sound quality, but in the end it is perfect for her needs and she is TOTALLY happy and proud of the speaker.

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation, for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

"In God we Trust.  All others, we watch."

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
  • It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
Re: Made a Bluetooth speaker for my wife for Mother's Day.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 09:33:13 AM »

Cool!
Keeping a list, and checking it twice, of those to visit during the 2nd American Revolution.

Who is Indrid Cold?

Kenny Solomon

• Political Analyst
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Israel Survival Updates
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 10:29:51 AM »

Nice !

Gotta get a pic of her carryin' it like a boom box at her head, blarin' hip-hop.    :p
"I'm ordering our bombers back to 'fail-safe'.  We might have to go through this thing after all." ..... Gen. Beringer, NORAD, Wargames 1983

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 04:41:28 PM »

:cool:
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 PGRNY9 RIDING IN MEMORY OF DAD USN AM CHARLES JENKINS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT