Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Cats and Kitties  (Read 1853 times)

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
  • It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
Re: Cats and Kitties
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2017, 04:21:05 PM »

Rocky went to the vet a few days ago.  The vet says he is a full Manx cat.  Cool  :cool: !  But if there is such a combination I think he has some Siamese in him too.  He has that narrow look to his face and his voice really grates the ears like a Siamese does. 

Rocky and Witch Hazel play together a whole lot.  We are really happy Witch Hazel has a playmate.  She is finally learning her manners from having to be gentle with a kitten.  She use to be all claws all the time - like packing a 1911 in condition zero and never sleeping!  Now she restrains herself properly when we pick her up - she hasn't scratched us since Rocky arrived.

Also, today we took Evil Sam (with worms) to the vet.  He is Gloria's orange tabby cat.  When we got to the vet and he seen the destination I say to him, "Friday is Solent Orange day" and Sam peed himself...

>:D
Keeping a list, and checking it twice, of those to visit during the 2nd American Revolution.

Who is Indrid Cold?

Barry in IN

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2017, 04:35:49 PM »

Manx, cool.
Seeing the world through a rose colored bombsight.

Who is John Galt?

Can't we all just get a long gun?

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2017, 04:51:55 PM »

If Sam was not so old his aim would have been better. And you would smell of cat piss all day! >:D
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 PGRNY9 RIDING IN MEMORY OF DAD USN AM CHARLES JENKINS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2017, 05:51:39 PM »

I am certain you are right, Soot.
Keeping a list, and checking it twice, of those to visit during the 2nd American Revolution.

Who is Indrid Cold?

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2017, 03:57:22 PM »

Parker's fat cat, Ms. Spots, got a tooth pulled this morning.  Usually the vet will not release the cat until late afternoon but Saturday is a short day so we picked her up before noon.  Spots was only just waking up and totally loopy - couln't even stand!  LMAO  The vet says while she is like this she can't control her body temperature and so we will have to keep her warm for a couple more hours.  The vet put her into the carrier and into the Jeep she went.  I turned up the heater and cracked open the windows so I wouldn't melt.  She stayed quiet all the way home for the hour drive.  In the house we let her out of the carrier and she could just barely walk.  We about pissed ourselves laughing at her.  Poor cat.  Gotta suck when you are tripping balls that hard and getting laughed at by hairless apes.  Anyways Parker has to stay close until she is has all her wits back because the other cats will pick on her while she is this smashed.

Who is Indrid Cold?

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2017, 04:07:51 PM »

Poor Kitty hope she will be better tomorrow. Can she eat or risks choking?
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2017, 04:28:50 PM »

She can eat & drink now.  We put her back into the carrier because when she tried to jump up to a chair she didn't make it.  And after we set her in the chair she tried to jump down but did a face-plant!   :p

Who is Indrid Cold?

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2017, 07:05:29 PM »

Here is a better view of Rocky's stumpy Manx tail.

Rocky is getting tired of the stumpy jokes...

Who is Indrid Cold?

W.F. Brody III

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2017, 10:04:29 PM »

That's more tail than I remember seeing in Manx photos.  Had a throw back Manx in the barn cat clan, and of course she was named Max.  All black, with rear legs that looked more like a rabbit than a cat.  Pretty good mouser as I recall, but nothing like her mother....  when she was feeding kittens, NOTHING was safe.... frogs, snakes, rabbits... just to name the few I saw her dragging back or left overs in the corn crib.

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2017, 11:43:44 PM »

That's more tail than I remember seeing in Manx photos.  Had a throw back Manx in the barn cat clan, and of course she was named Max.  All black, with rear legs that looked more like a rabbit than a cat...

That is what I think.  I figured as a newborn maybe he got his tail bit off.  I never suspected he was a real Manx.  I even questioned the vet when he declared Rocky to be a "Full Manx".  The vet says long rear legs and a shorter tail are strong traits of the Manx breed but variations are still well within the definition of a Manx.  My brother has a full Manx with the really stubby tail and long rear legs.  And it is the size of a Maine Coon cat!  But his cat is solid red, very long hair, and most of the time it acts like a 'rag doll' breed - nothing like a Manx as I know them.

Who is Indrid Cold?

soot shooter

• Sergeant at Arms
  • SGT at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2017, 05:32:46 PM »

As a kid a grey striped kitten followed Mom as she walked to work. Then followed her home on that walk too. She lived 13 years, had 3 litters. A total of 13 kittens. Our 2 dogs a redbone named Brandy and a mutt named Whiskey would curl up in my bed with her and I at night. Out in the yard they would be tormented by her. Lay down out of reach of their chains. Our yard was not fenced, and we lived near a major for here highway. If another dog went after her they would slip their collars and maul that animal into retreat. All 3 walking home together. Mittens even beat the crap out of a German Shepard guard dog.
 She would bring home mice. But specialized in rabbits ,and pheasant!
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
 RIDING WITH RESPECT

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2017, 08:51:34 PM »

Rocky went back to the vet today for his kitten booster shots and a rabies shot.  Sucks to be him - 3 shots is a lot to soak up at once.  Especially the rabies shot. 

I asked the vet again how much "Manx" Rocky is.  The vet says Rocky is a full 100" Manx.  He says the tail is the sure sign.  A Manx can have no tail at all or it can have a tail longer than Rocky has.  But if a Manx has any tail then it will have a bend or kink as well as feel lumpy.  Rocky has both a little zig-zag and a lumpy feel.  The vet says there is no doubt he was born like this - not an amputation.  I asked about the long rear legs and the vet says Rocky has slightly longer rear legs but not as long as the 'jack rabbit' legs associated with a Manx breed.  The vet says we have a lot of Manx cats in the area and he thinks this is due to a recessive gene from local Bob Cats. 

Just for the record, a house cat/Bob Cat mix is not impossible, however, in the wild this is so rare as to attract a whole lot of attention in the professional veterinary world when it is discovered to have taken place. 

On the way home Ricky rode inside The Boss' vest with his face in a boob.

Yup, he rode just like that for over an hour.   :cool:

Who is Indrid Cold?

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2017, 03:00:49 PM »

Our first snow storm of the season has blown through and this morning the sky is clear.  Most of the cats are sleeping while the snow melts but not Rocky.  He is busy running from window to window watching the snow melt drip from the roof.  As the snow creeps off the edge of the roof it curls under.  This motion is too slow to watch but if you go from one window to the next then every time you make a loop of the house there is no doubt the snow is hanging lower and the ice sickles are curling further back towards the window then the last time you looked.  Amazing stuff to watch if you are a kitten.  Then six tons of snow fall off the roof and shake the house.  Only one to react to this is Rocky - scared the shit outta him!  He didn't know where to hide and ran all around the house with his stumpy little tail all puffed up.  Eventually he ends up beneath the sofa... crying.  We coaxed him out and now he is sleeping on The Boss' boobs inside her vest while she works at her desk...

Who is Indrid Cold?

Lew

• Always Watching
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2017, 07:54:35 PM »

Well, it worked for rocky, you could always crawl uder the couch and start crying too....
Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation, for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

"In God we Trust.  All others, we watch."

Col. Craig

• Master of My Own Mind
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hardway Ranch
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2017, 10:39:10 PM »

She has no sympathy for me anymore  :bk

Who is Indrid Cold?
Pages: 1 2 [3]